Aesthetic Wellness – Facial Acupuncture
Our face is the most outward and obvious expression of our inner emotions and it provides an insightful glimpse of our overall state of health and wellbeing. At Zi Zai Dermatology, we believe that if you seek health, you will find beauty. Constitutional Facial Acupuncture is more holistic than mere cosmetic acupuncture. It is a series of acupuncture treatments that naturally revitalize the facial terrain by improving the underlying constitutional health of the whole person.
Though we cannot halt the process of aging, it is fully possible to age beautifully and gracefully. Unlike the face-altering effects of cosmetic surgery, Botox or injected fillers, Constitutional Facial Acupuncture can enhance your appearance in a far more natural way by allowing the vibrant spirit of life within you to shine through.
Constitutional Facial Acupuncture treatments at our Fort Collins Chinese Medicine Clinic include the placement of fine needles in various acupuncture points on the face, neck and around the eyes to help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Placement within certain muscles improves the tone and function of facial muscles to help the face “lift” itself. Stimulation of blood flow and lymphatic circulation helps improve the complexion. Acupoints activated in the body improve constitutional health and thus enhance the effects of the facial acupuncture, so results can be long-lasting.
What Are the Benefits of Constitutional Facial Acupuncture?
- Enhances collagen production
- Improves muscle tone & function
- Eliminates fine lines
- Reduces appearance of wrinkles
- Reduces sagging skin and bags
- Helps lift drooping eyelids and reduce puffiness
- Reduces double chin
- Tightens pores
- Improves circulation of blood and lymph
- Improves facial color and complexion
- Nourishes dry skin
- Balance oil production
- Reduces acne
- Brightens eyes
- Reduces effects of stress and promotes overall health
Is Facial Acupuncture for Everyone?
There are some health conditions that are contraindicated for receiving facial acupuncture. A series of Constitutional Facial Acupuncture treatments is not commenced if the following conditions exist:
- Uncontrolled high blood pressure
- Frequent migraines (more often than 1 migraine every 3 months)
- Severe atopic dermatitis (eczema) of the face
- Recent Botox, fillers or facial surgery
How Long Does a Series of Treatment Last?
Constitutional Facial Acupuncture is not a one-time quick fix. It requires a series of acupuncture treatments that will be based on the needs of the individual client. Each session is 90 minutes long and they are scheduled twice weekly. Herbal treatment is also sometimes employed to further enhance effects. Herbal masks and other topical treatments may be applied during sessions, and internal herbs are often prescribed depending on the needs of the individual.
- A series of 16 sessions (2 sessions per week, for 8 weeks) is typically recommended.
- For smokers or for clients with sagging skin (jowls, “turkey wattle”, drooping eyelids), 20+ sessions are usually required.
To ensure the results last as long as possible, maintenance treatments are recommended twice per month for the first 2 months following a series, then once per month for as long as the client wishes.
In order to help you to value your commitment to your health and beauty, we offer the following package pricing:
- 16 sessions for $2400 (a savings of $15 per individual session)
- Installment plan available
Seek Health, Find Beauty.